Saturday, October 07, 2006

Kenny Rogers

the pitcher, not the singer....

i find it amazing that just last year baseball fans in Detroit were booing Kenny Rogers at the All Star Game, but this year they're cheering him like crazy... as they say, winning changes everything right??? however, to me it shows just how shifty people are these days... people will honor you like crazy if you please them, but they'll turn on you quick and take you down ruthlessly if you fail them...

all that to say, i wish people were a bit more merciful... think the best about people... about Jennifer Granholm... about Dick DeVos... about Kwame Kilpatrick... about George W. Bush... it took 17 years for Kenny Rogers to win a post-season game, but now that he has, he's just awesome??? if Kwame Kilpatrick does one great thing, will that change your thoughts on him??? what if he does several great things to come??? what if George W. Bush does???

the other day there were some Bush bashers parading down my street and i just wanted to open up my window and yell "SHUT UP I LOVE MY PRESIDENT"... and trust me, i don't love my president because i agree with everything he's done... i love my president because of mercy... i love my president because he's my president... i'd feel the same if people were bashing Granholm or Kwame... you gain authority by respecting authority... you have no authority because you do not respect authority...

i know, i know... too preachy..... but honestly, i ain't ashamed of it... sorry!!! truthfully, i think people often call convicting truth preachy... they call it preachy because they don't like the feeling of being convicted...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home